Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Command to View all tables in MAS200 (4.05) via ODBC (ProvideX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTechFred

Programmer
Aug 15, 2005
US
Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to write a C# app that will show a list of all tables in MAS200. I know you can do it because, how else can Crystal Reports Query all the tables for a user to select when writing a report.

I have a workign C# applications that connect and can read data, I'm having trouble when I'm trying to view all them.

Here are the SQL Sommands I have tried:

1. SHOW ALL
2. SHOW ALL FROM *
3. SHOW TABLES
4. select * from sysobjects
5. SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE TABLE_TYPE = 'BASE TABLE' ORDER BY TABLE_NAME
6. SELECT * FROM *

So far nothing, anyone help?

You're just trying to use SQL and list all the tables in your MAS 90's ProvideX database.

Here's one way:

(Excel will give the same thing)

The v3.x and v4.x ProvideX ODBC manuals may list something else about this, but I looked and couldn't find anything about listing all tables -- sorry.

Actually if you have crystal reports I can send you a report that lists all tables and their structures provided that uou are using a SQL database.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"making predictions is tough, especially about the future" - Yogi Berra

This from a MAS guru:

MAS90/200 does not really have a "database" as in a relational database like MySQL or MS SQL (unless of coures if you have MAS200 for SQL version).

MAS90/200 just has a serials of ProvideX data files laying around that are connected to each other only by ProvideX code. ProvideX is a proprietary language which has it's own file system - which makes it very fast because the data is native to the programming language.

ProvideX also has an ODBC driver that can be installed to make the files collectively "look like" a database when connecting to the ODBC layer. And of couse MAS90/200 installs the driver by default with workstation setup so that Crystal reports can be run from the files.

Don't know if this helps, or not, but when I see people referring to the MAS90/200 database, I suspect they may need an explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back