Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL command copy/paste bombed Crystal Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjohnstun

MIS
Jul 30, 2013
US
I have designed a Crystal Report to pull medical information from our EMR SQL database from about 8 or 9 different table joins. It consists of the main report and then a Subquery based on a SQL command. I modified the SQL command within Crystal, but before I did so I copied my SQL query to Notepad. After making my changes, it was not working like I wanted, so I pasted the original SQL command back into the command window under the Database Expert. The report is now bombing and won't display any information after I try and run it. I cannot figure out why it would not be running and pulling information from the database after I pasted the original query back over the top of it!?

The other thing is, that if I copy and paste the query command directly into the SQL Management Studio and run the query filling in the parameters manually, I get a table of information. I'm not sure where to start to try and fix the report back up to how it used to be!

First off is CR just closing, are you getting an error message, etc.. Second what kind of connection are you using in CR (OLE, ODBC, etc.). Third, see if you can get parts of the SQL to work in CR. Maybe you can figure out what CR does not like. I hope this helps.

I'm not sure where to start to try and fix the report back up to how it used to be!

As a general rule, use Save As to make backup copies before any manjor change. Not much use for your immediate problem, but it will pay off in future.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back