Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

JG5

MIS
Nov 18, 2001
US
I have 2 SQL servers running in cluster mode with 2 virtual servers. I am able to run a backup successfully and according to Networker (6.1.1 on Win2K Adv Server) all the data is backing up properly. But when I go to SQL user on the client, I keep getting the "no index was found" error, yet the index is being reported on Networker with no problem. Any suggestions?

Check the savegroup completion reports. When you back up the virtual node only, which client index is actually being backed up after the data is backed up?

Check the indexes for the virtual node. How large is the directory? Is there actually index data?

If the physical node's indexes are being update when you backup the virtual node, then the solution is to create a zero length file in \nsr\bin folder called pathownerignore on all the physical nodes. Also in the virtual node's client resource, the backup command should be nsrsqlsv -c <virtual node name>...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back