Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL backup with error code 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcymarc

Technical User
Oct 2, 2001
US
I have SQL agent installed on my client running MS-SQL server. My backup exits with status 2. Here is some info from the dbclient log. Any idea what is going on?

05:44:59.360 [2344.4384] <16> ReadBatch: USER - Error in the value supplied for GROUPSIZE.. You must provide a size between 1 and 32
05:44:59.360 [2344.4384] <4> CDBbackmain::dbbackup: INF - Results of executing <d:\sqlnbscripts\zzzsdsqlt001\default.bch>:
<0> operations succeeded. <0> operations failed.

We are running 5.1 Window Client on 5.1MP4 master server.

Maintenance Pack NB_51_3_M.winnt.intel.exe provides fixes to the VERITAS NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server / Server 5.1 on NT/2000/2003/XP Professional server and clients. It also contains fixes for NetBackup Add-on products and Database Agents

Etrack Incident = ET267539

Description:
An attempt to use $ALL in a Batch file with more than 32 databases on a
system will result in the following error that appears in the dbclient log:

ReadBatch: USER - Error in the value supplied for GROUPSIZE.. You must
provide a size between 1 and 32.

In addition, if a backup batch file contains multiple operations, and one
of the operations cannot complete because of an error such as specification
of an invalid database name, then the batch will halt at the point at which
the bad operation is reached and will not continue.

I found, after trying lots of fixes like the one above, was that the client s/w was installed to the incorrect version (5.1) and I should install the s/w under the Oracle account.
We actually ended up going back to client version 4.5.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back