Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL 7's xp_sendmail no longer working since going to Windows2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

lori

Programmer
Dec 18, 1999
US
I was able to successfully use xp_sendmail on my SQL 7/Windows NT 4 server. It worked like a champ. Then we switched to Windows 2000 for the server using the same SQL 7 and xp_sendmail no longer executes. When I try a very simple call to xp_sendmail via the Query Analyzer (xp_sendmail @recipients="lkudlawiec@apa.org", @subject="test"), it says "Executing query" and displays nothing - no error messages, no warnings, nothing. I've waited as long as 10 minutes with no good results and then I cancel. I'm fairly certain the SQL Mail Agent is set up correctly. Any advice?

did u reset the SQL Mail Agent? Since you changed the config settings of your server, i.e. changing versions, you might need to restart the SQL server agent. Also, I think you might need to reinstall the mail agent, so it can recognize the new OS. I am not sure about this, but this is the first things I would do. One other thing, have you tried checking the microsoft technet to see if this is a known issue? Good Luck and let me know what happens. -vbuser1976
VB6.0 SP5
Crystal 8.0 Developer Edition
SQL 7.0 SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back