Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL 7 (SP4) DTS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidwong

Programmer
Jan 24, 2003
CA
Hello,

I imported a database from one server to another server using the DTS wizard. In one of the imported tables that contains an image field containing PDF files, the contents somehow truncated and resulting in corrupted PDF file.

Did anyone encounter the same problem? Thanks.

David

The data you were importing was it from a compressed drive? A freaky thing happened to me. I just set up a new report server ran a replication process that uses dts and they errored when we looked at the drives someone had compressed the drives. We had to decompress all three drives which took 6 hours. However, once we got everything decompressed data was intact and dts worked successfully.

I run the DTS wizard on the destination server which was set up with a set of mirror disk.

David

SQL 7 has tons of issues with images that are in the database. It doesnt seem to work with them correctly. even some issues that were suposdly fixed still do not. If you want to copy the data from one to another, you can try the bulk copy, or just restore the whole database. BC actually does handle image files. I had to use it to resolve one of the problems i encountered.

Transfer by restoring from the database backup solves the problem. Thanks a lot.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back