Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL 7 Enterprise Manager won't Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0PP3R

Programmer
Jun 27, 2002
CA
I have SQL Server 7 running on NT server. Enterprise manager has stopped running, when you try to run it a Dr.Watsn erro rcoems up indicatiing an application log is being generated. The following ar ethe only two errors that appear when this happens.

The Open Procedure for service "pcAnywhere" in DLL "PcaPerfCtrs.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is DWORD 0.

The description for Event ID ( 2001 ) in Source ( pcAnywhere ) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): .

I am thinking of reinstalling enterprise manager on the server, but some feedback wouodl be great considering if a reinstall stoppd the server from running i'd be screwed.

Thanks all!

have you check the sql server error logs for any indication of the issue.

Check also the system event log as well as looking into the application log a little further for any issue w/ sqlserver

Thanks

J. Kusch

I did, an dthis time there was nothing in any of the logs after the Dr. Watson error comes up when I attempt to start enterprise manager on the server. I am thinking of reintalling just SQL 7 enterprise manager on the SQL server. I am cinverned that this may mess up my server, should I be?

I am going to work at setting up a backup SQL server in th emeantime i guesss....

The error message isn't referring to Enterprise Manager, but to PcAnywhere. I'd look at reinstalling PCAnywhere first.
Are you connecting to the server via PCAnywhere in order to run EM?
Check both the Host and Remote machines.
As far as I know, you can reinstall EM without any effect on you databases. Just reinstall the client tools (EM) and you should be fine.
You could also try installing EM on your desktop and connecting over the network. I do this all the time.

Ok, I can't see PD anywhere installed on the server, strange.....usually use a remot eadmin tool o fsome kind to access the server. Adn Enterprise manager works fine on my desktop that connects over the network so I guess I'll try re-installing th eclient tools, namely enterprise manager on the server. It should be fine.

Ok, I can't see PC anywhere installed on the server, strange.....usually use a remot eadmin tool o fsome kind to access the server. Adn Enterprise manager works fine on my desktop that connects over the network so I guess I'll try re-installing th eclient tools, namely enterprise manager on the server. It should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back