Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL 2000 Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2002
GB
I have a SQL 2000 server SP2 running on a Windows 2000 server SP3.

The problem I have is with the MSSQLServer service. When ever the service is stopped it can not be started again without entering the service account password. If the password is not entered when I try to start the servcie I get a logon failure...

Any ideas???

Thanks

Chris

Is the service set to AUTOMATIC or MANUAL? It should be set to Automatic.

Also, it looks like you are vulnerable to the SQL SLAMMER WORM! You need to apply SQL Server Service Pack 3 as soon as possible.

-SQLBill

Sorry my mistake, SQL SP3 is applied.

Yes Set to AUTOMATIC. Any other ideas?

In your services, check the logon properties. If you specify a different account than the local system account (most probable), enter the used name and password. This will be used to start the service

Good Luck,
Nils

Nils,

Yes the account is different from the local system account, Ihave entered the Uid and PW, but herein lies the problem. Even though I have this account info entered I still have to re-enter the password to start the service...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back