Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL 08 Cluster Network Configuration setup page

Status
Not open for further replies.

web4fun

MIS
Oct 2, 2002
US
Installing a new SQL 2008 cluster of 2 nodes running on Windows 2008 Enterprise and have come across the Cluster Network Configuration page and somewhat confused on how to define the addresses here. Both of my nodes each have static IP addresses and within Failover Cluster Management, under Networks, I see "Cluster Network 1" which is my first node and it's IP address and "Cluster Network 2" which is the second node of the cluster. The Network Configuration page in the SQL 2008 Cluster installation wizard shows me a default of 'DHCP' and "Network" defined as 'Cluster Network 1' which can't be changed. I would rather not use DHCP so what IP address should I define here? Should it be the IP address of the first instance? I have already reserved an IP in DNS for two instances but haven't had to use them yet so I'm assuming that I need to use that IP address?

Thanks in advance.
Glenn

Yes you would need to give it one of those IP addresses.

Check out SQL Server Magazine's September Issue. There's an article on Clustering SQL Server 2008.

Denny
MVP
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)

My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back