Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sproc uses datetime, I want to display date

Status
Not open for further replies.

amykrage

MIS
Dec 12, 2003
US
I have an impromptu report (v 7.1) that is calling a sproc. The sproc uses datetime for a couple fields. Is there any way to only display the date in the report when the data comes back? When I try to format the field, I only get options that inlcude times. Any input?

you should be able to type in your own format for the field in the standard ISO format, so "d mmmm yyyy" should work. Otherwise can you use the datetime to date function?

"Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana."

How would I specifically do that? When I look at the Query Data area, the only thing I can see is in the SQL tab (the call to the stored procedure), the group tab (all the data fields in the order they are grouped), the Access tab (data source and query options) and the profile tab creates an error when I click it. This is strictly a stored procedure report - I do not know where to go to format the fields on the output of the report. If I right click the field in question after the report runs, there are only drop-down values for formatting - how can I type in something?

Do you have the profile to use the stored procedure report as the data source for another report?
I.e. can you create a new report, select data source as hotfile instead of catalogue and browse to the report. You should be able to use all formatting functions in the new report.
lex

"Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana."

Yes - I can create a new report to do that....my question was is there any way to format the dates from a sproc report....it looks like the answer is no? Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back