Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechDJB

Technical User
Nov 10, 2006
US
I am looking for a spreadsheet to list my cable id,s, room #'s, phone type, extension #'s etc. Can anyone help me?
Phone system is an Avaya definity.

If you are using Definity Site Administrator (or whatever Avaya is currently calling their desktop administration software) you should be able to export the information you are looking to document into a CSV file that can be saved to a spreadsheet.

I am the contractor doing the cabling and not the programmer. The customer has asked me for some sort of spreadsheet to list the important info cable ID, extension, Idf location etc.. I thought that maybe somebody has a spreadsheet like this already done. I can do it myself using excel, but thought I could take the easy way out.

I'd ask the person doing the phone work for that CSV file and use it as a base for your spreadsheet.

The answer is "42"

Like Franklin said the phone guy can pull this up for you very easily. ASA (Avaya site administration) can do it but an even better program would be Call flow extract by Utilcall.

Best of all there is a 10 day free trail. It beats anything that Avaya can give you. You put in what you want from a list and put in it the format you want. Very nice program.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back