Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

spreadsheet say N/A error when I click on the data validation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

47redlands

Programmer
Mar 9, 2010
GB
Why does my spreadsheet say N/A error when I click on the data validation for medical cost:
Medical cost
Medical cost 1 Medivet
Medical 2 Confused.com
Medical 3 Angel Dog Medics
On the animals spreadsheet the data validation wroks for Medical cost 1 Medivet but when i change the data validation to Medical 2 Confused.com or Medical 3 Angel Dog Medics it gives N/A error.

please help

I am using Microsoft Office Excel

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=1ca35df9-4947-47f7-a19a-1d6e8f6cae2a&file=For_forum.xlsx
hi,

No Data Validation here. Data Validation is a special feature of Excel.

[tt]
=VLOOKUP(B10,Medical_cost,2, FALSE)
[/tt]

I mean the drop down, in Excel this is created with data validation
when i click the drop down Medical cost 1 Medivet it works but when i change the drop down to Medical 2 Confused.com or Medical 3 Angel Dog Medics it gives N/A error.

please help

Thank you,

Understand what is happening.

Thank you

The problem is that in the range Medical_cost is ='Research feeds medical bedding'!$A$6:$B$9 . This isn't the same range you have for the Data Valadation ='Research feeds medical bedding'!$A$8:$B$9. If you change the range for the name Medical_cost to Medical_cost='Research feeds medical bedding'!$A$7:$B$9 the data validation works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back