Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spread Sheet won't open-shows ASCII FILTER OPTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartp77

Technical User
Jan 27, 2006
AU
Some spreadsheets ending in .ods do not open, but instead I see a box intitled ASCII FILTER OPTIONS.

If someone can advise me how to fix this problem, I would be most obliged.

Thanks,

Stuartp77

That happens when the file is not recognised as an OOO file. How was that file created? Have you tried completing that dialogue by entering the most likely options; if so what happened?

Hi Tony,

I don't think I replied to your comment, which I appreciate receiving, thanks very much. Yes, I tried various options under "Character Set" in the ASCII FITER OPTIONS box, but none of them did anything other than opening up a page with 2 or 3 lines of garbage (or computer language) on it.

I also looked under "Filters" and deleted a line that said
MX excel 2003 XML - OpenOffice.orgCalc(.ods)-import/export.
This did nothing to fix the situation.

Thanks,

Stuart.

How was the file created? What OOO version are you using to read it?

Thanks for your reply again Tony.

The file was created simply by clicking on File\New\Spreadsheet, and I'm using v.2.0

Hope this helps you to help me.

Many thanks,

Stuartp77

If you created a spreadsheet using OOo, and saved it in ODS format, then there is no reason why it wouldn't open normally. I've never had problems like that, and have never heard of anybody else having such problems either.

If you can post the file online and tell us the URL, I can look at it and try to see what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back