Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spot Color or Once Color Export 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigthink

Technical User
Oct 26, 2005
US
How can I create a spot color document using images? I need it to be a one color print job (black only).

Thank you so much for your help in advance!!!!

Stacy

Big Thing:

You'll need to be a little more elaborate, as in what kind of images, what's a spot color document, etcetera...

Bert

Bert Philippus -

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I need to create a one color document (black) to send to the printer. The image is a jpeg CMYK.

I don't need full color (CMYK), just a one color output.

Oklahoma Website Design

No.

Can you post the image to your server and link to it?

We'll need to know:

1. Is this a continuous tone image or a clearly defined logo (with no halftoning)?

2. How high is the image resolution / quality?

3. Are you trying to make it into vector or are you going to use the jpeg?

IOW it's probably easiest to just post an image.

HTH

Bert

Bert Philippus -

Stacy:

IOW = In Other Words;

HTH = Hope That Helps;

There will be lots of halftoning, but depending on the type of print that may be OK. The edges are pretty sharp so that should be no problem. Check with the printer. To get it to be grayscale, you can do one of the following:

1. Make an opacity mask: Draw a rectangle that's larger than the graphic, fill with black, send to back, then select both and from the transparency palette flyout select "Make Opacity Mask", then in the palette check the box for "Invert";

or

2. Filter>Color>Convert to Grayscale.

HTH

IOW Good luck and check back if it doesn't do what you want.

BTW (By The Way) the printer should be OK with an *.ai file, or *.pdf or *.eps.

Bert

Bert Philippus -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back