Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sporadic Runtime Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndWy

Programmer
Mar 13, 2001
GB
I have an Access 2000 database which also has links into Sage. The application works with no faults under the full version of Access but when it is packaged & deployed in runtime it periodically ceases in two places. The coding behind the two forms is fine, the code simply checks that certain fields have been completed using the isnull statement. The error does not give an error number or description it just states that "the application has ceased due to a runtime error" (helpful eh?) and I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and if there is a way of pinning down the exact reason for it ceasing.

Make sure everything that the database references exists on the client PC.

I've checked everything I can think of. The program works on the client PC with Full version of Access ?? Any other ideas ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back