Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

spooler crash just after logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMac28nearly

Technical User
Jan 31, 2002
GB
We are running XP fr3 on 2 w2k servers hosting an asp system running a single appplicaion

Very Occasionally, the spooler service will crash with event id 7031, the spooler service terminated......etc. This only happens just as youve run the application after logging on to citrix, not when you send a print job.

Ive looked at various things like the ctx103787 fix and there are some spooler fixes from MS, but they all point to when you actually send a print job, not when you logon and first run an application.

IVe since also uninstalled ms hotfix ms02-070 yesterday for the long logoff issue, and the fact that I didnt need it, and I havent been able to recreate it since, but thats not to say its fixed, as it only occured very occasionally anyway

Anyone any ideas, im meant to be moving a load of users over to this new system from an FR2 setup, but this is stopping it.

Thanks

Andy

Apologies, but i left some info out

We are using Uniprint version 4.2.1 on the servers. The spool area does contain folders for each user that has logged on. On the older FR2 system, we did have occasions where the spooled file would not delete after printing, but this would only cause the print job for that user to hang, and only occasionally. To get rid of that we just deleted the folder as uniprint just created a new one.

Thanks

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back