Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spool32 Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jons1

Technical User
Jan 20, 2000
GB
I have a Mitsubishi&nbsp;&nbsp;LS series which for the past two weeks seems to cause Spool32 error (mainly GPF's). I have been through TechNet and tried all of their recomendations on how to cure this problem (Q191949). I have installed service pack 1 for Win 95 and this has made no difference. <br>The large majority of the errors appear in Word when printing but I have uninstalled, trashed the registry settings and reinstalled Word just to make sure that this was not the cause.<br>Does anyone else suffer from this problem or have a better fix than Microsoft recommend??<br>

jons1 -<br><br>Have you tried to bypass the spool settings, and print directly to the printer?<br><br>If spool data will allow, try changing from EMF to RAW.<br><br>You also may want to check the printers memory.&nbsp;&nbsp;A test page will give you current configurations of the printer.&nbsp;&nbsp;I've seen some printers with only factory default memory have problems with printing large graphics.&nbsp;&nbsp;I've also seen where the whatever.doc that your printing somehow becomes corrupt.&nbsp;&nbsp;Try grabbing the image only, paste it to a new.doc and try printing the image alone.<br><br>Hope this helps ~

jons1 -<br><br>This issue had been an ongoing problem with over 20 machines in our company. What is common to these pc's are as follows. Win95, SmartSuite, NetWare Client, Norton Anti-Virus, and 32mb ram. And if you have a software that uses Btrieve, it seems to compound the occurence of Spool32.<br><br>I have tried getting help through MS TechNet, Lotus Knowledge Base and Novell's Knowledge Base. They all have a few, yet similar recommendations. I did all those. The other things that they never suggested that I did were the following.<br><br>1) Run RegClean on the machines.<br>2) Run ScanDisk and Defrag all machines.<br>3) Disable programs that autoLoad for SmartSuite and have users start them as needed only.<br>4) Deleted off all printers and re-installed them with the latest driver available.<br>5) Bumped up the 32mb ram to 64.<br><br>No . . . all these did not resolve the issue 100%. But the occurrence of Spool32 error is now down to at least 5%. I don't know which one or which combination of those have a positive impact on this issue, but it sure has made it a lot bearable for the users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back