Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spontaneous IP500 Reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.flanagan

Technical User
Apr 16, 2019
US
I'm stepping into a problem and im a bit stumped. There is an ip 500v2 that was rebooting multiple times a day. Hardware issues were suspected but since it was on an old release the resolution was to upgrade and then replace some hardware. So far, it has been upgraded to 11.0.4.4 b6. The Control unit has been replaced, the only expansion module, a digital 16, has also been replaced, all the cards in the control unit have been replaced, the power supply/cord has been replaced, and the SD card has been replaced. Still, 1-5 times a day it is rebooting. I cant verify this, but supposedly, all the connections to the system have been audited and only phones are patched in. No weird network devices shorting a port out. What could be causing this or what should I investigate?

What does system status say?

If i'm not mistaken, a reboot due to a power issue is shown as is.

What kind of trunks, I have seen PRIs do this from time to time if the clock is way out of wack. What is the monitor showing just before the reboot?
Mike

Also if it has sip trunks ,,look in monitor and see if there are any strange sip registrations.

I had a system that did that due to a bad firewall config which allowed the hackers trying to register bogus sip extensions .

But if you don’t have any then ignore this...lol

Had a similar case in the past. It was in a SCN.
Changed all hardware, sw version and even made a new configuration, problem persisted.
Then I solved the problem by removing the H.323 line and creating it again.
Good luck!

Verify you don't have any duplicate Extensions or Users. I just ran across this a few weeks ago with customer and 16 site scn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back