Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Splitting tiff files

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom747

Technical User
Jun 28, 2001
DE
We are getting large tiff files (40-50 fax images) which we have to slit into individual files. At the moment, we're copying the individual images into seperate tiff files but this is a very time-consuming process. Is there a faster way of doing this ?

Thanks,

Dominic

Hi, I have a Fujitsu scanner... The software supplied with this will do what you want.. It's called ScandAll2001 and it's free on Fujitsus web site... look for software downloads for one of the scanners (fi4120cu)

There are a number of tools (most cost, a few freeware) which will do this - try Google.

Note: None of the ones I tried maintain the original tiff directory structure for each image - they all add/remove tags from it (I don't know if this matters to you or not - it did for the purpose I was testing!)

I've had good luck with JR Split File from
James P. Cottingham

When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.
[tab][tab]Albert Einstein explaining his Theory of Relativity to a group of journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back