Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Splitting Pages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmcelhany

Technical User
Sep 24, 2001
US
I have created a 16 page publication and am now ready to split it up for the press. Meaning, page 1 paired with 16, 2 with 15, 3 with 14, etc... does anyone know how?

I believe you could drag the pages to the place that you want them.

Or I would let the printer or the repro house do it for you.

Either that or make up the page one next to each other and then copy and paste the correct bits into place. If you can't fix it in 20 call someone who can.

What about the spreads that share elements across pages? When dragging pages, InDesign places the shared elements of a spread with the page that most of it falls on.

Good morning,
If you look on your Indy CD you will see a folder called Goodies
Inside the Goodies folder is a book script.
This might help.
Good Luck

I've found that Build Booklet script, but it seems to want to run in the Classic environment, rather than natively under OS X.

Would anyone know who cooked this up, perhaps how to contact them? I'd love to know about plans for updates.

All sound if complex. But any professional repro house will have an imposition programme to order pages as they need them for makeup. You don't have to worry about arranging pages to print 16-up or whatever; and the imposition programme automatically splits elements that cross spreads. We're talking computers here – they do the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back