Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Split Query in the report

Status
Not open for further replies.

badhri

Programmer
Apr 8, 2001
US
Hi All,

I created my Catalog and when I generated a report the query is split into 3 queries. I had no exception in the joins and why is this generating multiple queries.

I am afraid i'm missing something but don;t understand what :((.

Kindly help

Badhri ...

It could be that the query uses some Report Columns instead of just Catalog Columns or uses a function that needs to present summaries of Catalog Columns at the same level as native Catalog Column data. In my experience, this usually presents as nested queries in the resultant SQL.

Did I say nested queries? Actually they're just as often a separate series of 2 or more queries as you describe. There's obviously some smarts in Impromptu that extend well beyond the basic SQL to pull all this together.

Thanks for the feedback. So should I go ahead with the report. I was little sceptic about this report.

Badhri ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back