Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

split input field into multiple fields 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GISbatchu

Programmer
Aug 22, 2005
US
Hello All,

I am a newbie to BizTalk Server 2004. I am trying to do a very straight forward task.

I need to split an input field value (e.g. Dekalb St) into two parts ie. 'Dekalb' and 'St' and send each of the two resulting values to two different fields in the output fields respectively. I have mapped the source and target schemas. I have tested the VB.NET code to split the incoming value in the scripting functoid but cannot figure out how to send the two resulting values to their destination fields. Should I be using the scripting functoid or should i be using some other functoid?

Thanks for your help
Kiran

It depends on what you want to do exactly. If you want to split a string according with fixed values use two "string extract" Functoids. They need three values, the Input string, the beginning from where to read, and the end.

If you want to split your string according to a character for example the : i think it would be best to use the scripting functoid and to code that. However, i think you will always need two functoids to extract the correct string. A Functoid will always have only one return value. So if you want to extract both parts of the string extract "Dekalb" first and assign it to your destination node, then extract "St" and assign that. I dont think there is any way to do this!

HTH, Stephan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back