Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Split Ex2000 Server to new PC From Domain Controller. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnftamburo

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2003
US
We have a domain controller that entered service while Reagan was president :). Actually it's running Exchange 2000 latest SP on Win2K server latest service pak.

Disk continually fills up and there is no room to expand short of replacing the entire RAID array.

Soooooo..... I am going to move the DC, DNS, DHCP and WINS services to one machine and Ex-2000 to another machine.

I cannot find anything on MSDN that gives me a clue. Who might have an idea on this?? How can I move the entire Exchange 2000 setup to a newer server %-) (also on Win2K server, can be made a backup DC if need be)???

Thanks
John

Hello, no problem if you setup a new Exchange Server in the same Site and Organisation you are able to move the Mailboxes with the User and Computer MMC to the new server by running with both Servers. There are some Whitepapers howto Migrate from Ex55 to Ex2k and howto Move to a different Ex2k Server (don't forget the Public Folders).

some interresting sites are:

We are attempting to move our E2K to another box within same domain & organization. New box is up, both Exchange servers see each other but we can't replicate the system public folders (we have no user created public folders). What would be causing replication of the public folders to not work.

Noticed the existing E2K box is not a DC, but the new one is. Must an E2K machine be a DC?

Thanks in advance. Fred Gaston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back