Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Split emails received 50/50 between two users

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarsdenSam

Technical User
Apr 26, 2010
GB
Hi Guys,

Server: Exchange 2008
Desktops: Outlook 2007

I have two users (each with their own email address) and one general email address (sales@...). What I would like to do is split all emails received by the "sales" address between the two users.

Do you know if this is possible..? I know there is a tool to do this within Lotus notes but I have not come across anything to do this in Exchange..

Thanks in advance!!

Sam

Betting that's not possible with Exchange. I know - not a helpful post, but that sounds like a unique-to-Lotus feature.

Boo lol, In thought that migh be the case - it works as a sort of in software application if you understand me, I'm trying to steer clear of giving both users access to the mailbox as they wil squabble ..... any ideas?

Don't take my work for it, I'm not an Exchange guru. I'm just making a side bet.

There was a method posted here a while back on how to do it. Can't recall whether it was in this forum or one of the Exchange forums. But someone had a method. Might just take some searching for you to dig it up. I was in the last 8-9 months.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Wondering whether it was native to Exchange or a "redneck" method for getting it done.

Haven't managed to find it yet but i'll keep looking.

If i find it i'll stick the link in here for anyone who's interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back