Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

split drivers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shedevil1

MIS
Apr 13, 2003
GB
I've re-formatted my p/c, as it drivers was spilt into 3. How do I get my drivers back into 1 driver - re-formatting (windows me) it hasn't worked.
I like to thank "SPYDERIX" for his help in re-formatting my p/c - his info was of great value and help.

If what you are saying is that your drive is split into 3 partitions or 3 drives, the resolution is to use fdisk and delete all partitions/drives, then create 1 to the maximum size the OS will take.
Logical drives must be deleted before the extended partition can be removed.
And after the big partition is created, you will have to format it, or let the OS take care of it.

Ed Fair
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Hi edfair

Thanks for your info it was very helpful - my drive is now in 1 partition and not 3.

after trying what you said - my drives went back as one but i lost their value and couldnot use it - it had to be put back as they orignially was split into 3 partions. do u have any other info please.

There are drive size limitations with various operating systems. So before anybody leads you further down the primrose path it might be well for you to post what you have for hardware and what you are trying to put on that hardware.
There are BIOS settings that can affect your setup and there are fdisk settings that can affect it, so the more info the better the help.

Ed Fair
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back