Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Splash Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ot03

Technical User
May 30, 2003
GB
Hi,
My Adobe Illustrator just stops when it gets on to the splash loading screen before it loads up! Any ideas on why and how this happends. It gets stuck on
'adobeillustrator.exe'. I've uninstalled it then installed it but it doesnt work.
HELP.

Tell windows to show hidden files then search for aiprefs and delete em.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

I did what you said but it didnt work

happy.gif

I dont know what to do anymore ideas?

If it gets stuck on "Loading Fonts" you have too many fonts in your systems fonts folder in which case you should be using font manager.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Hi,
I have Adobe Type Manager Deluxe 4.1 and i dont have too many fonts (it doesnt get stuck on the fonts anyway).
But it gets stuck on Illustrator.exe. I think it might be the version i have got of it or something. I might phone the shop or something like that. Anyway thanks for you time and help !

errr....
I have an idea but i'm not sure if it will trash the program. It gets stuck on this

Scanning for plug-ins... AdobeIllustrator.exe

So i thought if i put a shortcut in the plugins folder it might work,
what you think ?

It dont matter anymore. I just got fed up of it and installed my Adobe Illustrator 9.0.
I will take 10.0 back.
Thanks

Mistiful powers of the deep

ARG...
SAME PROBLEM HERE!
No one seems to know how to fix this.....
BLAH.

I fixed mine... after a YEAR of trying!!!!
It was getting stuck in the splash screen on : scanning for plug-ins... illustrator.exe

Here is how I fixed it... It was all about the color settings:
1. Remove the Illustrator 10 plug-ins folder.....
2. Start Illustrator (It should start now.. maybe with a plug-ins error message)
3. Go to Edit--> Color Settings
4. I dont know if this is what fixed it... but then I selected "Color Management Off"
5. Restarted Illustrator... it worked.
6. Restarted my computer
7. Opened Illustrator.... Looked in the Color Settings again....
8. Now it says Settings: Custom Monitor RGB-sRGB IEC61966-2.1 but "advanced mode" isn't checked
9. Color Management policies: RGB: off CMYK: off

That's how I did it... I really hope it is fixed for good... i have restarted once... and it worked.. so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back