Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spiritual books (frustrated! - perhaps I should take my own advice?) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2004
AU
Hello Ive asked before but I lost the thread. I write inspirational type books with my own tiff files made in photoshop 7. I then put in text to a quark 5 page with the cut marks for the printer divided into 8 subdiv in an A3 sheet to allow max economy. Now the printer says to put it into print ready adobe acrobat format.
Now how do I do that in easy steps please?

PS I recall in this saga doing it before (but Ive forgotten) and (a) the pictures appeared washed out (b) the colours went to B&W (c) I couldn't seem to get the mm in A3 size

Thanks + God bless
Peter
pietr@poetic.com

You'll probably find that the reason the pictures went greyscale is due to the 'printer' that was selected when making a PDF was a monochrome one

Kind Regards
Duncan

It sounds like your printer is asking you to supply him with 'hi-res' PDFs. As far I know this can only be done using Adobe Distiller (which comes with the full version of Adobe Acrobat)

I assume that if you are using Quark 5 you are either using OS9 or running it in Classic under OSX - either way you need to find an appropriate printer driver to create the postscript file that you then distill.

Check out this site for info on creating Print Quality PDFs

It has information on the correct settings for Quark to produce the postscript file and the joboptions file for Distiller to produce a hi-res PDF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back