Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spinning Globe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jw5107

Technical User
Jan 20, 2004
US
Is there any examples out there that has a spinning globe on a forms timer event? I have a custom msg box example that I have been using that uses several .bmp's to show a spinning floppy disk on a forms timer event. I am looking for the same thing, but just a globe!! Any help or direction would be most appreciated!!

JW5107

have you considered an animated gif. see this faq

faq181-108

then a google seach should turn up several free globes

gol4,

Do know of a place where I can get bitmaps of the world? I am having trouble finding a place that has several bmps of the globe in different positions. This way once code is applied, it will make it look like it is spinning around and around...

Appreciate the response!!

JW5107

it has been a long time since I dabbled in graphics but there used to be several share-freeware graphic editors that handled animated gifs. An animated gif is simply several views. Find one of the editors then open one of the animated gifs and export out the images they used to create the animated gif then convert to bumps. A google search should provide you with links to several.
Good luck

sorry
if u have an animated gif, then u can uses PSP Paint shop pro, u can download the version 5 it's free now, & have the animation shop.
open your globe & take whatever frame u want & right-click on it then save frame as & THAT's it..
but my question can i know how do u add the bitmap 2 your msg so ... & can u email me a small example.
thanx in advance

jw5107,

If you have an e-mail address you do not mind posting.

I can get the images to you.

Steve

SteveR77,

air1jcw@ups.com

Thanks,

jw5107

No problem. The files have been sent.

[morning] <---- Will code for coffee

SteveR77,

Thank you very much - EXACTLY what I was looking for!!

JW5107

Good luck with the project and I was glad I could help.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back