Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sperate report for PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

khansen97

Programmer
Oct 14, 2003
US
I have a BO report that I am trying to seperate out before I create a pdf file. Do you know of any way to do this in Business Objects. We are looking at possibly purchasing outside programs, but the client would like to keep everything within Business Objects.

Do you want seperate PDF files or one single one split out?

If its the former, you need some code to filter on your criteria and save the snapshot.

If its the latter, just set up some seperate tabs...based with filters or sorts... then when you save the pdf file it will be seperated out.

Does this help? If not some more info would be good.

What I have is 1 report with 7 tabs. I want one PDF to have all 7 tabs in it, and then I want another PDF to have only 3 of the tabs.

Is there a way to do this?

Yes like Steve you have to use VBA to achieve that. BO doesn't have that feature builtin but one can get that using VBA. Are you open to a VBA solution??? If so, I can help you out.

Sri

I am very open to a VBA solution. Let me kind of draw out what needs to be done and hopefully you will be able to help me.

I have an .rep file that has 5 tabs in it.
One PDF needs to have Tabs 1-5 in it.
One PDF needs to have Tabs 1,3,5 in it
And the Last PDF needs to have Tabs 1,2,4,5 in it.

Is there a way to do this?

Also I am trying to solve this using VBA for now as this issue has been giving us problems for months, but in the next couple of months we are upgrading to version 6 on UNIX and I know that VBA is not supported with UNIX. Can I convert VBA to JAVAScript and these will run? Or since these Macros are inside of the report will I be able to keep the VBA macros?

If this solution in VBA will work for you, you may have a valid arguement to at least maintain one Windows based BO client if for no other reason but to perform the VBA scripts.

Providing no JAVAScript solution would be available...

Can you describe for me what the deployment would be like to keep a windows BO client running. Is this where BCA would be running? Or is this the BO server? I suggested this suggestion to my client and they are interested if I can find some more information.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back