Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spell Checker on a Protected Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sopman

Technical User
Mar 21, 2001
US
In Word I made a form using the form toolbar by entering Text Form Fields. Then I protected the document so that everyone could press Tab to go to the next field, for ease of use. Unfortunately now that I have protected the document the spell checker doesn’t work. And after I have enter the information in the fields and then go and unprotect it, the spell check still won’t work. We use a lot of forms in our plant and this is a easy way for people not use to a computer to use text fields. Is there another way to set-up a form and be able to use the spell checker??

Hi sopman. I'm leaving right now, but you can email me, and when I get home I'll reply with my "spellcheck toolbar dot file", which is a template that has a little toolbar in it and a macro that unprotects the form, spellchecks it, and reprotects it again (without losing your data). You can then just use this template anytime you create a form, or just copy your current form into it.

Anyone else requesting this document, please say something about the forms spellchecker or something in the subject.

Thanks.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back