Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spell Check Not Working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2002
GB
Hi all,

We had a problem with one laptop, in that the OE spell checker came up with the forllowing error if you tried to use it:
An error occurred while the spelling was being checked.

No more, no less. No entries in the event logs.
We were due to give the director a new laptop, which we did a couple of weeks back, and it was a fresh install of XP, but of course, considering he has 4gb of email, we needed to import his OE profile. However, we are getting the same problem.
I have attempted to create a fresh OE account in a new profile on the local machine, but the same error is prevalent regardless of who is logged on.
I have instructions from MS on how to uninstall OE, and reinstall it, but before I try this, I'd like to know if anyone has a quick fix for this. Are there any system files, etc., that we can replace in order to make the spell checker work?

Thanks in advance,

Will

Do not forget if you do not MS office installed then it will not spell check because it uses the office spell checker OE does not come with one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back