Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spell check not applying changes Outlook 2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwunder

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
GB
Hi,

I've been using Outlook 2003 for a number of years now without any issues. I have suddenly started getting problems with the spellcheck feature. When I compose an email, click to send it, the spellcheck box opens to highlight any typos and I correct these and can visibly see in the email that they have been corrected, However, when the email finally sends, and I got back to my "sent box", the email has reverted any changes I applied and the typos are back in there.

I have uninstalled Outlook 2003 and reinstalled it but the problem persists...

Any ideas ?

Outlook 2003
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Scope this out my brotha:
Link

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Thanks for the link goombawaho.

It seems there is a bug with Internet Explorer 11 and it is recommended to uninstall the IE11 update.

If anyone knows of an alternative fix, please let me know [thumbsup2]

May be time to move on to Office 2007 while you can still get it easily.

I have thought of doing that but is there really any reason not to use Windows Live Mail - as it is free ? What can Outlook 2007 give me that Live Mail can't ?

Well, I thought you were an Outlook fan. I use Thunderbird and I like it after using Outlook Express forever.

Not a fan as such. I've just got so used to using it over the last 15+ years. I have a record of all my emails (a .pst file about 10GB in size) that I need to refer to occasionally. This is the only reason I wanted to continue with Outlook.

Is Thunderbird free ? Can I import my large .pst file into Thunderbird ?

Thanks for the ongoing advice goombawaho [thumbsup2]

Free - YES. I imported my 10 years worth of email data into it - no problems at all. All attachments came over with the emails. Address book too. You don't have import from the PST file, you can just have Thunderbird import if Outlook is the default mail program on the computer.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/switching-thunderbird
Link

Thanks - I might give it a try, So it is easy to import and also back up all of your emails ?
I have given Windows Live Mail a try today and it is OK, but I can't import the email from Outlook 2003 into it. It poor that there is no compatibility between two programs from the same company...

Thanks again Goombawaho [thumbsup2]

If you know anyone with Linux or a Mac you could use readpst (libpst utilities) to extract the PST structures and messages to MBox format.

I've just finally switched to all Linux machines and used it to convert almost eighteen years worth of PST file archives records, to Claws email.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Yes, it's easy to migrate. I think you take two whacks at the import. One is for mail and the other is for address book. Why don't you just try it without setting up your email account and do the actual import. There is a ton of customization options within the program and also add-ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back