Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spell check doesnt work in Microsoft Word...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cisco14

MIS
Jun 5, 2003
US
What's the deal here... my word documents are not detecting misspelled words... the words are not underlined when i make a typo.. any suggestions???

Menu bar Tools then Options

Clcik on the tab spelling and grammer and make sure the check box: check spelling while typing is checked

Blue

Tools > Options > Spelling & Grammar tab -- make sure Check Spelling As You Type is checked

it's checked but it's still not detecting typos...

Go to Tools|Options|Spelling & Grammar and click the button at the bottom that says recheck document. If that does not fix the problem, then click the button in the middle of the above mentioned window that says Custom Dictionaries, then Modify and make sure no misspelled words have made it into the dictionary.

When creating an "exclude" (*.exc) dictionary to make Spell Check find "normal" words (such as some acronyms), the dictionary must be all lowercase. (None of the MS knowlege base articles I read mentioned that!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back