Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

spell check by adding new dictionary

Status
Not open for further replies.

anita03

Technical User
Nov 17, 2003
US
I have a notepad file with over 1,000 words that I would like to add to the indesign cs dictionary to help with spell check and inconsistencies in spellings. My file does not seem to detect that!!!
How do I add/import the all the words in the file into indesign cs without adding every new word (which does not seem to work either)I am desperate as I have to get the file to the printers and I cannot do spell check!

Thank you

Anita, check the InDesign scripting forum on the Adobe web site. In the past some people have written scripts that read word lists and ad them to InDesign's user dictionary. You'll need to say which version of ID and OS you're using.

I am using indesign cs and cannot seem to understand what I am looking for. Would you please attach the script here so I can just download it? PLEASE

Thanks,
Anita

Anita, I don't have that script. You'll need to go to the Adobe web site, find the forums under the Support menu, and enter the InDesign Scripting forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back