Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speedstream 4060 DSL modem with Window 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

XLT

Technical User
Apr 8, 2002
US
hello all,
I had an Efficient Networks Speedstream 4060 USB DSL modem and Southwestern Bell ISP on my machine (win98) for several months. I now want to install win2k on my box and found the new driver for the modem at Efficient.com web site.

However, the SBC ISP doesn't have an installation software for my new combination. Is there a way to go into win2000 to set up my ISP knowing the parameters I have used for my win98, and just forget about the SBC ISP software??

Many thanks,
L. Tran

Ivasion Win poet2.0 should work find if it a PPPoE connection. Jeter@LasVegas.com
Fisher CCNA
[americanflag]

I have found problems with running WinPoet 2.0 on my Windows 2000 machine however this problem resolved by installing WinPoet 2.1 . It seemed to be far less.. how would one say.. tempramental. I have actually experienced this on several 2000 machines and Wind River seems to push 2.1 for 2000 more as well. Anyone else seeing that?

Harley

What is the best modem to use on an alcatel dslam. I'm new to dsl and all I know is that sales is sending out these speedstream 5000 series modems and I was told by another person that they were not user friendly modems. Is that true and if so what do you guys recommend.
Thank you for the help,
Woodro

the 4060 was one of the least user friendly modems, I would highly recomend upgrading the modem. The drivers on the fastaccess download page should work, I don't know if they create the dialup connection, but you would set it up just like it were a regular modem, the dialing number doesn't matter, we usually ask customers to put 35, but absolutely anything would work just as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back