Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielSoft

Programmer
Aug 7, 2011
AR
Hi, new here !!

I am using Clarion 6, is Clarin 7/8, faster ??!!, I use lot of variables and Clarion 6 is slow now.

Thanks

Hi!

If you are talking about the RTL (run-time libraries), the answer is NO. The only changes in C7/8 RTL as compared to C6 are mainly cosmetic like theming of controls, etc.

What is slow in your application? What database do you use?

Regards

I am usig a queue that is 31 col x 30 rows, and I need speed there when I fill it with info

Hi!

What are the sizes of the columns? If that queue does not take up a lot of memory, it should perform very fast. However, if the physical memory of the machine is used up and Windows starts using up Virtual memory, it can become very slow. And, if your problem is while populating the queue, then you need to examine the way you are accessing the database to populate the queue i.e. assuming that the disk on which the database resides is fast enough.

Regards

Thank you for your time !!!!!!!!

the columm are 3 bytes

The PC is Pentium 4 with 2Mb of ram

Hi!

What about the database access for populating the queue? Also, what database?

If you want, you can post the code here for me to take a look.

Regards

Thank you for your time, I will try to put the code here.

HI, If Clarion 6 is 16b and Clarion 7/8 is 32b, why is not faster ??

Thanks for your time

Hi!

In C6, the Clarion IDE (development environment) is 16-bit whereas the generated applications are 32-bit. Since the RTL has not improved in C7/8, there will be no difference. Actually, C7/8 applications are slower that C6 applications because of Theming issues, etc.

You still have not posted the code for me to check what the bottle neck might be.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back