Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speed Dial

Status
Not open for further replies.

abovebrd

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2000
US
I have recently been called upon to support a Lucent Partner phone switch in one of my branch offices. I am not familiar with the programming functionality of the switch. Is there an interface program that is needed for programming?&nbsp;&nbsp;Or can I program the switch from one of the phone sets.<br><br>I would like to find the simplest way to program speed dialing.<br><br>Any thoughts<br>

You will have to check the processor pack to identify the version of Partner System (Partner, Partner Plus, Partner II, Partner ACS, etc.) All versions are programed from ext 10 or 11 but the exact instructions are version specific.<br>

If you're talking about feature number dialing, where users press the feature button followed by a three digit code to dial a number, I've always just done the following:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Press the 'Feature' button, followed by pressing the '0'(zero) key twice.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then, press 'Feature' followed by the three digit code you want to use for that number.&nbsp;&nbsp;Next, enter the number you wish to use for that code.&nbsp;&nbsp;You can continue entering feature numbers from there by pressing 'Feature' and a new three digit code.&nbsp;&nbsp;When you're done, just hit 'Feature' and two '0' again.&nbsp;&nbsp;This should be done at Ext. 10 or 11, and will program only system speed dials, meaning speed dials able to be accessed by the entire phone system.&nbsp;&nbsp;To program personal speed dials(speed dials specific to a single extension) the process is similar, but usually requires a little more input at the beginning of it.&nbsp;&nbsp;Hope this was helpful. <p>xtreme1<br><a href=mailto:rbio@excite.com>rbio@excite.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back