Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speed Dial CDP Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaiello2000

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
US
I have the PBX phones using an external IP voicemail server. I have worked out all the hard stuff, but want to have a button on the phones (3902,3,4) that they can press to go to the VM system.

I am using a CDP where 29xx is forwarded to PRI and to my IP Network. I tried to configure the message key to x2999 (VM), but I get "SCH0658 Invalid DN type for MC DN". Seems they want a real DN!

I tried a System Speed Dial , but you have to enter a code. I just want - Press Button, ring 2999.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

There does not appear to be a place on the 3904/4 phones to program a hot key.

It's been a while since I have worked with the 3900 series phones, but can't you change the name on the Autodial button to display different text? I know this would mean buring an Autodial, and going to each user that this needs to be programmed, but if it works...then you could change the Autodial to read VMail and point it to 2999.

I do not know about Autodial.

No button on the phone for that.

Will search the Admin guide.

This is just a thought but you may be able to work around this issue. Simply build an ACD (MAXP 1) and NCFW it to your CDP steering code. Make sure to set it as MWC-YES this way you can assign the ACD DN to an MWK key. I know on the M3900 series sets they have a Message key that is predefined. This way you would not have to assign it (ADL or HOTD) to a program key. Good Luck

Thanks, that was a thought, but I wanted folks to see the real VM number dialed. I want to avoid confusion since the VM number is a DID but the ACD would not be.

There seems to be the same amount of work for an ADL and definging the message key. There does not seem to be any global way of changing TNs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back