Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speed Dial and Personal Address Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

terenceb

Programmer
Jun 10, 2003
US
Hi,

I am running Call Manager 3.3 and Unity Voiced system.
I added the services "My Address Book" and My Fast Dials" to my ext. I have gone to my ccmuser web access and setup at least one fast dial numkber and one address. However, when access my services from my phone I get the error "Error: -7ffbffcf: User (TEB) was unable to be validated. (49).

I don't know what I missed.

Check under System/Enterprise Parameters, and scroll down to Phone URL paramaters. Try replacing the server name with the IP address of the publisher server. Sometimes its a DNS issue if your DNS server doesn't know about the callmanager server.

You need to configure the user name and PIN or password for each phone that is subscribed to the service. An end user can do this by using the cccmuser page, then go to IP phone services, in there you'll have to click on the individual service. Then enter credentials for the service.

You can also do this through the ccmadmin page. go to the individual phone and click on the phones services. Edit the parameters in there.

Hi

I'm experiencing the same error message as Terenceb with the same system setup and I have followed the advice given regarding setting up the user name and also the IP address of the Publisher Server. However I'm still getting "Error: -7ffbffcf: User (UKLIJ) was unable to be validated. (49)" when attempting to use Fast Dials.

Is there anything else I can do?

Make sure in the User page you associate the phone to the user. This is not the CCMUSER web page, it is the User page inside CCM Administration. Pull up the User info from the Global Directory, select 'Device Association' and check the correct phone for the user. This assurers that the phone pulls up the correct Fast Dial and Personal Address book for associated User.

Thanks MIA158. Your post was the answer to this same problem that I was having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back