Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speech Server on MCD 4.0 SP2? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatRascal

Technical User
Feb 2, 2008
GB
Hi,

We have just completed a rather troublesome upgrade from Rel 8 to MCD 4.0 SP2. During the upgrade we lost a couple of COS configs including the one assigned to the Mitel Speech server stations.

As the speech server is EOL and not supported at our software level Mitel are unwilling to even give us details of the correct COS settings for MCD 4.0 (the last supported release).

My question is does anyone have the Speech Server working at MCD 4.0 SP1 or above, or is there some incompatablity that actually prevents its operation? The option to use Speak@Ease still exists in the COS settings, leading me to hope it may still work.

Thanks in advance.

When you mention losing COS configs it makes me think you changed some licensing options and forgot to turn on the Mitai option.

If this were the case ALL cos's that had the HCI option enabled would be defaulted.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

What are the issues you are having? Don't know why it wouldn't work.

I have out speech AA running but I havent ever configured the speak@ease.. I'll see if I can figure it out and let you know today

Ok I have Nupoint 4.0 (with speech blade installed) running on MAS 2.0.38 and my MXE is running 10.0.2.8. I enable the speak@ease COS option for my phone and then pointed the Speak@ease access number to my speech hunt group. When I hit the speak@ease button on my phone, it plays my speech AA recording and allows me to speak the name of the user im looking for.

Hi

Yes kwbMitel you hit the nail on the head, I came to the same conclusion after attempting to reconfigure the COS and being prevented until I modified the HCI licence options.

In answer to cknipe, thanks but we don't have Nupoint we use a product called Mitel Speech Server which just provides access to a voice activated directory.

I have now located the original documentation and rebuilt the COS correctly but there is still no answer on the individual ports or the hunt group

Our next plan is back migrate to version 9 at which point Mitel Technical support believe the Speech Server will work.

I'm guessing the Mitel Speech Server product isn't widely used (or it wouldn't have been canned), but just wanted to make sure nobody was using it with release 10 SP1 before we went through this.

Also looking forward we will be stuck at version 9 until we shell out for a replacement product.

Thanks for everyones suggestions.

Matt.

we still have a speak@ease running and we are on MCD4.0 SP2
if you do a locate extension to get the virtual PLID and then do a state PLID, does it show the ports as idle?
we upgraded from a R9 LX(250) controller to a R10 MXe, so other than the Mitai option being forgotten, there should have been no problem.
wonder what would happen if you deleted the MAC addresses in the MCD so the S@E would re-register.

Good Morning All,

Many thanks RossBC, I followed your suggestion of clearing the mac addresses and then removing and reinserting the port numbers within the speech server software and my Speak@Ease has returned to life!

Fingers crossed that we won't suffer any of the 'major problems' that caused it to become unsupported.

Again, thanks for everyone's help.

Matt.

There was a version of MCD4 that had issues with Mitai and virtual ports on Nupoint and by definition MN6500 or Speech server as well, this between 10.0.0.12 and 10.0.1.23.

Also be aware the MN6500 does take too kindly to having its IP address changed, despite following the mitel procedure due to it being a 2000 Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back