Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spectralink wireless on Norstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mass1954

Technical User
Apr 6, 2004
CA
Seeing as Companion is almost a distant memory, can anybody give me some info on the Spectralink line of wireless sets. Do they work well with Norstar,and will they work in Canada? (ie: Utam codes)

Have you tried using the T7406's. That might be the way to go if you only have a couple to do, over a short distance.

Kevin
Go Phils

The T7406's are ok, but looking to install 15 or 20 sets on a system.

I have installed Spectralink digital and analog on the Norstar in Calgary. Works OK. never worked with the companion so I don't know how they compare. The digital emulate a 7310 and seem to work just fine. We put a lot of Spectralink on Mitel as well.

Simon

How would they hook up to a Norstar? ATA"S??

They take a digital ext. for each phone, plus one for modem access. Easy to use, avoid the T7406.
Gabriel

I've used them with a PBX (Opt 11) and they seemed to work pretty good.

So (in a nutshell)how do the didgital ports interface with the spectralink sets?

Assign & crossconnect norstar ports to Spectrlink MCU. Then program as a M7310. I was certified & have been installing Spectralinks for 10 years, mainly on Norstars- works great, just pricey. The UTAM's were only for the Companion. Plus if you loose power you usually get your Spectralink phones right back. You will have to install their RCU's unless you go with utilizing AP's & get that type.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

I work for an Authorized Specralink and Norstar installer. In case you need someone to quote you on that stuff in MA.

Vencomrob, do you know where I can get specs and prices for this stuff?
Mike

Today I have Ortronics training all day.
Call me tomorrow @ 508-482-5804 (DID) or 800-848-8362 and ask for me. If you know what you need I can put together a quote. Spectralink usually wants "to scale" blueprints of the buliding floor plan. That way they can place the bases for maximum efficiancy.

We just installed a Spectralink on a MICS 6.1XC and it works great. We replaced a Companion and it works better. This is the fourth Spectralink that we have installed on a Norstar. Some of the problems we experienced with the Spectralink is the base stations had problems but they replaced them immediately and it works fine now.

EARTEL
888 416 4327
310 549 0387 Fax
rluna@eartel.net

i need the trick to enter in the spectralink by mondem in the port #1. i connect to the mcu but i dont ave the good configuration to read the data.......and i need the password.

tank you for your help

escuse my english im french

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back