Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spectralink Hat tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewNic

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2003
US
Does anyone besides me have issues with the Spec Handeset admin tool. When trying to conneting a phone it never connects the majority of the time. Have removed and re-installed with no joy.
Useing release 2.8.22

Take a small screw driver and scratch up the contacts on the phone and try it again.

That works sometimes for me.

TexasRedCMC is correct. The connection to the phone relies on gravity and its not a very heavy phone. Sometimes even holding the phone down with your hand works.

Use a PINK pencil eraser to clean the contacts. It's slightly abrasive but not enough to cause damage.

Last time I checked Hat Tool needed to be installed on an XP machine only....due to driver issues.

I have it on several Win 7 machines. The HAT tool comes with drivers. 32 bit only however. 64 bit will have an issue with the drivers...

Try swapping out Spectralink craddle and usb cable if that doesn't work Install HAT on another PC and test. I have over 400 wirless phones and all of mine work on version 2.8.13 on XP only. Never accept upgrading the app. that could be your problem. If you did take a look at the INI file for the version you are working on I had to reconfig that file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back