Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spectralink 8440 on NEC SV9100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_RO

Technical User
Sep 29, 2020
AU
Hey Guys,

Have a nursing home who is trying to follow the curve, and setup Spectralink 8440 handsets as SIP extensions off an NEC SV9100 phone system. I have no doubt I can get the SIP component working for these handsets, however I am having issues connecting the spectralink handsets to a WiFi network.

I have defaulted the handset, gone into Settings > Advanced Settings > Password 456 > Administration Settings > Network Configuration > Network Interfaces > WiFi Menu >

Enabled WiFi (to turn it on)
Kept DHCP enabled
Scrolled down to SSID and entered SSID of our Ubiquiti ACLR APs, and also a Robustel 4G Modem I was using for testing as well
Entered WPA Key for Aforementioned wifi networks

Handset reboots once you go all the way back and save settings on the phone. After going through its boot sequence, it comes up with an error advising 'Invalid Regulatory Domain', go back into settings, following menu as above, scroll down to 'Radio', select 'Regulatory Domain', and have changed between None, 2 and 10, but to no avail.

I have since registered for the Spectralink support page, and attempted to download both the 8440 Software, and the SLIC software, however any downloads require a customer/Account ID and serial number of the device to download. I have attempted to request a 'Partner Access' account, but don't like my luck as we don't sell spectralink ourselves.

Does anyone have the software or ability to download the software and give me a onedrive, google drive etc link to download it?

This is the link to the page I am attempting to get the software from.

Hi daniel,

I also work on this kind spetraclink 8440 on my sv9500 when you put the regulatory domain a: 2
do you activate the radio: 5GHz and 2.4GHz?
tried to activate them it should work

Yes I have both radio's enabled, as without it it wouldn't find any broadcast. You can also lock it to look for AC only, but I haven't done this as the 4G router I was using is only Wireless N.

Have you ever had to use the SLIC software to register the handsets to your system?

My issue appears to be that the handset isn't seeing the WiFi at all, and therefore not appearing to connect to it.

Note: I have just realised, when setting regulatory domain to 2 or 10, it comes up with 'No APs found', not the error as mentioned above.

OK, just an update on this one. The type of AP you are running is relevant. Customer had CISCO Meraki on site, and I was able to connect the handset no issues at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back