Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spectralink 3616

Status
Not open for further replies.

big70

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
NL
I have a custumer that the phones will end up saying "Checking Code".

The manual say:

None, this message should only last for approximately one second. If message remains displayed, power off and contact customer support for a replacement phone.

We replaced some and now others end up like this.
There is no tftp-server running on side can that be a problems that it stays like this.
In the phone tftp is set to 255.255.255.255

Greets Peter

why 255.255.255.255 ?

try putting in 0.0.0.0

is more logic to me
but i'm not that experienced as you are :)

If your svp server is semi hosed then you will get the same message on the phones. Try power cycling the svp server.

If you do not intend to use the tftp IP address be sure to blank it out in the svp server.

0.0.0.0 is the same as 255.255.255.255 you can put in both.

In the svp there is no tftp programmed.

Greets Peter

Are all of your phones this way or just some? Do you have errors in the svp server?

Also can you telnet in to the svp server o.k or does it take a minute or so to get the login prompt. Can you get in using the serial port?

The ip address should be the one of the Manager PC or any other TFTP server since Manager sometimes fails. You should put the Spectralink .bin files in there.
It will work.

I've had this before - default all the settings from the menu and reenter all the info - seemed to work for me!

Make sure all of the WAP encryption settings are correct (do a site survey to make sure it is connecting properly) then make sure License Management is set to 9 (this can be changed by pressing select), and regulatory domain is set to 2 (this can be changed by pressing Line!)

Good luck!

I did have the same problems, I used the IP address of the PC with the manager software. the manager did not respond on the tftp request.
I used another TFTP server (good exerience with White Horn).

Be also sure that you put the right files in the tftp directory. ( You need to get a login id from spectralink get the files downloaded

If you have your LAN connection Firewalled from Windows > Network Connections your TFTP server may not work properly.

Did a upgrade to the version xx.27 and let a tftp-server on the netwerk and everything is ok Now.

Thanks for the response.

Greets Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back