Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Specifying copybook name on the command line

Status
Not open for further replies.

webrabbit

MIS
Jan 31, 2003
US
I have a program which can be compiled with many different copybooks. I would like to specify the copybook name on the command line. That is, I have the source code line

COPY COPYBOOK.

and would like to replace the word COPYBOOK with a string from the command line. Is there any way to do this?

Windows XP Pro; Micro Focus COBOL Version 3.2.46

sed is cool, but I don't have it and have never used it. Perhaps if I had it and knew how to use it, I could do lots of cool things like that.

Anyway, I've solved the problem by overlaying the copybook rather than changing the source prograom. Came through the back door because the front door was locked.

Strange, now the link doen't work for me, but it worked today when I tried it.
Then try to downolad it from here: Download the package sed-3.02-bin.zip. I have still this older version 3.02, which is standalone executable /Some of the newer versions I tried needs additional files to run maybe libraries/

I downloaded it now again, and it works for me.

Well, according to my security software, both links contain an active virus.

Cannot believe it.
I have on my notebook Microsoft Security Essentials and on my workstation Kasperski AV and neither reported something like this.

I downloaded the EXE once again from the link above, scanned it with Kasperski AV and evrything is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back