Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Specifying Command Line parameters in debug mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

MedInfoMan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2002
US
Hello,

I'm trying to learn C++ and am using Visual Studio.Net to reverse engineer/modify some open source code. The program is designed to run with 2 command line parameters. How do I specify test values for those parameters while in debug mode?

I was able to hardcode a value into the code itself for one of the parameters but I don't know enough about C yet to do it for the other.

Thanks

Go into Project->Settings and select the "Debug" tab

There is an area for program arguments

Matt

look in solution explorer, right click on your project and select
properties->ConfigurationProperties
->debugging and put arguments in Command Arguments box on the right of the dialog box.

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

Thanks, Matt. I'll take another look for this when I get home tonight. I thought I'd already looked where you suggest in your comment, but I may well have missed something.

I'll look as you suggest too, Ion. Really appreciate the help, all.

Thanks, all. Took me a little while to sort out all the places that had COMMAND arguments or parameteers (most seemed to be directives to the compiler or linkers), but I finally got there. Appreciate your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back