Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Specify another address to send email from

Status
Not open for further replies.

yetanotherjo

Technical User
Oct 5, 2003
AU
Is it possible to send an email from an access form, but instead of defaulting it as coming from the current user, specify another email address ie. Joe Bloggs sends it as fred@company.com and John Smith also sends one as fred@company.com.

I think the current form sends the email using docmd.sendobject(?)...sorry, this is a second-hand question, I haven't actually seen the database myself.

You can't do this using native access code.

However you could acquire or write code in some other language and include it as a reference and use it.

Well! That's not what I wanted to hear, but thanks, lameid. Silly me was hoping something was going to be easy.

You can do it using SMTP, here's a link to an example.

Hope this helps

HarleyQuinn
---------------------------------
The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little. - Joe Martin

Get the most out of Tek-Tips, read FAQ222-2244 before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back