Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Specified order in chart legend problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

src2

Technical User
Mar 1, 2001
US
I'm using CR9 to create a drill down report that displays a pie chart showing tickets by department with a corresponding legend. However there are some tickets where the department wasn't selected. Those tickets are displayed in the legend without any department title. I would like to show in the legend all of these tickets as "no department selected" and place it at the end of the list. I would think I'd have to do this by using a specified group order. However if I go into chart expert, data, advanced and select on change of department and then go into order, specified order I can no longer drill down in my report. On the data, group button there isn't an option to select a specified order. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks

Rather than grouping on department, group using a formula field, e.g.
Code:
if isnull({department}) 
or {department} = " " 
then "no department selected"
else {department}

The chart should then show it OK - at least similar things work in Crystal 10.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I created a formula field called dept with the following code:

If IsNull({CR_View_for_Steve.Department}) then
"no department specified"
else
{CR_View_for_Steve.Department}

When you go into the data tab in chart expert the grouping layout doesn't show the formula @dept. If I try using it in the advanced layout I'm not able to drill down. Maybe CR10 fixed this. Does anyone know another way around it?

I think you have to have a group on the formula in the report proper before the formula will become available for the group chart tab.

To get the "No Dept" to appear last, you might have to do something like add a space before the department name in your formula, as in:

If IsNull({CR_View_for_Steve.Department}) then
"No Department Specified" else
" " + {CR_View_for_Steve.Department}

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back