Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Specific type on a curve 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DbarJack

Technical User
Jun 13, 2009
US
I would like to make this logo in Illustrator so I can have a vector drawing of our logo. I am having a hard time matching the Prison in Illustrator. I have attached our web site which has our logo in the upper left corner so you can see what I am after. I have been trying to figure this out over a couple of days and have yet to find out how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
David

...this is a warp effect applied to text, depending on what version of illustrator you are using (if really old then another approach is required)...

1. select "Prison" text with select tool (black arrow).

2. choose: effect > warp > arc lower

3. in the bend use a negative value (something like -25)

4. you may need to also stretch the text vertically slightly with the select tool, drag the middle bottom bounding box handle and drag downwards.

andrew

Thanks for the answer but I'm sorry but that does not do what I need. If you look at our logo the top of PRISON is flat not on an arc. That is where I am having my problem. The person that made our logo gave it to us as a jpeg. We had to pay to have it converted to vector so we could use it on an advertisement. I would like to make us a vector version so if we need to give it to someone we have it.

Thanks again
David

...the warp effect "arc lower" keeps the top edge flat, ensure you are using the correct warp effect and apply a negative value in the bend settings...

..."arc lower" is not the same as "arc"...

andrew

Thanks Apepp

I didn't get the negative number in you post. I tried the arc lower and got it to work. I knew that there had to be an easy way to do what I needed and you showed me. Thanks for taking the time to make the demo logos.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back