Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Specific Data from ICSTAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtmb

Technical User
Jan 22, 2007
JM
Hello all,

I would like to be able to extract shipment data from ICSTAT for periods of Lastweek lasttwoweeks etc for shipments to add to a market list so that there is some sort of a history for each product.

Can anyone advise how this can be achieved.

Thanks

Simple, there are no shipment details in ICSTAT.
Look at OESHDT instead.

thanks ettienne, but we do not use order entry. We use Inventory Control & Purchase Order.

I just discovered the data is stored in icstati, my prob is just how to get that data broken down into separate weeks.

The table is {ICSTATI.SALESQTY}. It would be great if I could get some help with developing a formula to extract data on a week1,week2,week3 basis.

Another thing, look at IC Setup Options, Processing.
At the bottom there is Item Statitics, look at the Accumulate By and Period Type options.
You are basically screwed in terms of history, but moving forward you could have your stats by week.

Thanks

tuba2007
ICHIST is detailed (list every transaction) while ICSTATI summarizes the transactions.

ettienne
Yes I am using crystal report, that IC option is set to fiscal year by period, when I changed it gives me a prompt saying that this option should only be changed at year end, otherwise the statistics will have to be manually edited.

You will have to use ICHIST since ICSTATI has been summarised by period and there is no way to extract the transactions by week.

Thanks ettienne, can you help me develop the formula (not a very good programmer)

if the formula can be developed, I could use the group summary to solve the details problem (thanks to ettienne)

It is not a formula, in Crystal you want to summarize by ICHIST.TRANDATE and there is an option to summarize by week.

Thanks, will look at it today.

ettienne how do you summarize it by week?

When you insert a subtotal and group on a date field you have a number of options: for each day, for each week, for each month, etc.

I had no luck trying that, could ICSHIPD and ICSHIPH be used to produce the data, seeing that its shipment data?

Got it working using the following formula in select expert:
pwFormatDate ({ICSHIPH.TRANSDATE}) <= {?ToDate} and
pwFormatDate ({ICSHIPH.TRANSDATE}) >= {?FromDate}

Thanks to all for their assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back